Having found out that the tiling “went like a boat or a triangle” (that is, it simply swelled up), be sure to establish how this defect was formed. Depending on the specific situation, the floor is restored on its own, partially changed, or completely renewed. There can be eight versions:
The tiling board got wet due to the abundantly spilled liquid, which was not cleaned up in time. Family members, pets, guests, or yourself can cheat;
The neighbors above had a flood due to damaged plumbing, which they know about or do not yet suspect due to their absence;
You did not close the window, leaving the house for a short time, at this time a heavy rain fell, and the floor covering under the windows will be managed to absorb a lot of water;
When laying the floor, a water seal was not made or the order of laying piece elements was violated (it is impossible to place a parquet board with a radial and tangential cutting method next to it). It can also be assumed that an insufficient number of fixing elements was used on a large floor area, a screed was made with high water content (more than 5% after drying), undried logs under the parquet (water concentration more than 10%), or an invisible leak occurred from the outside when the system of “warm floors “;
Plastering and finishing works are underway in the room, accompanied by evaporation of moisture;
Wood material is used in those climatic zones that are located close to the sea and the air humidity is more than 70%;
Below you is a bakery, a laundry, a canteen, in which thermal and humidity processes are regularly carried out;
Cycling and re-protection of the planks have taken place for too long. It is recommended to do this every 2-3 years when using varnish, and wax or oil should be reapplied more often.
What to do with tiling flooring
A small area of damage
a) For small swellings, try to organize a natural drying of the floor. To do this, in the summer, create a flow of air in the form of a small draft, and in the winter, take advantage of the capabilities of climate-controlled technology, increasing the temperature in the room by 2-3˚С.
b) If only a few tiling boards are damaged, you can drill holes in them and leave them to dry. When the planks are aligned, pour parquet glue into the holes and press the piece elements so that they adhere well to the base.
c) The floor is brought to a suitable form by grinding and covered with a protective coating.
Partial removal of a massive board
a) The dies are pry off with a screwdriver or chisel in the place of greatest rise.
b) The residues are carefully selected, the dryness and uniformity of the substrate are checked.
c) The old glue is removed from the cement-sand screed, allowing all open areas to dry.
d) If you have not thrown away the remnants of the tiling board after the previous installation, inspect it for subsequent use in the places of replacement. Also, after the wet parts have dried, check to see if they can be reused or discarded. Cracked and delaminated strips are considered unsuitable.
e) It is better to sand the whole floor. Firstly, this will make it completely even, removing minor damage, and secondly, you will soak it with oil, wax, or paint it with varnish.
There are also irreparable consequences of getting wet when the topcoat must be completely dismantled. In this case, calculate the number of square meters that need to be covered with the material, add 10% in case of unnoticed defects from the manufacturer or accidental damage during installation.
Where to buy material
A tiling board is always available, the price of which depends on the manufacturer and the decorative type of product. The product line is represented by 10 manufacturers. We have 1-, 2- and 3-strip materials, with which the floor will acquire a pleasant touch of naturalness.
We would like to dwell on some of the proposals in more detail.
- For a classic contrast in a white and black base, consider the Finnish Midnight collection of tiling flooring. An interior without bright fragments will surprise you with restraint and depth.
- For fans of oak, we recommend the manufacturer ANTIC WOOD with piece dies in a honey oak shade. It is very pleasant to cover the floor with bleached oak or create an antique atmosphere with products of the same brand.
- Adherents of a 3-layer, visually embossed board will choose the collection from the manufacturer, who quite presented the topcoat in a standard as well as an unusual grey-blue version. Oak R-T4 looks spectacular, surprises with the variegation of luxury enchant with the white E25 with brush and varnish.
- The shade of mahogany is well reflected by the Acacia A6 tiling board. The chocolate surface looks very presentable, and now there is a favorable discount for buyers.
- Fans of walnut motifs will like the German version of a ─ Hoco Woodlink Oak. The reliefs of the wood are beautifully displayed here, and the matte varnish floor will regularly show its attractiveness.
- Whoever is in love with antique motifs and creates a time-worn interior will be delighted with the Santa Fe oil series in a rustic display, as well as the lighter shade.
If you have already chosen which tiling board you like, buy it in quantities of 1m² or more.